Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Friday, December 28, 2007

When the war comes home: A soldier's story draws strong response

My recent blog post (scroll down the page a bit and look for more than a dozen comments) on a soldier who died on Christmas day -- in a "noncombat" situation -- has drawn a quite moving response, including comments from several people who knew him back in his home town. See my original post down the page for more than a dozen remarkable tributes. And I have a new piece about it at E&P. :
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003689713

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have known Peter for over 20 years. He was a VERY close friend, confidant, lover and leader in my life. It was not even 2 weeks ago that I heard from him last, but to think that this brave, courageous young man whom I spent so much time with, was now a memory to all that love him- BLOWS my mind. I told Peter then, and I will say it again now;thank you Peter, for being the strength, leader and friend to our country. I feel so lucky to have known you, you brought SO much Joy and happiness to so many people. We will NEVER forget you...
I love you Peter, rest now- you're safe.

Greg Mitchell said...

For more than a dozen other comments from people who knew him, see the original post a little down the page back at the main page....