Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Spinning the 'Globes': My movie picks

Not that anyone should care -- about the Golden Globes or my own picks -- but here is a brief accounting of my choices (strictly from the list of nominees, mind you): Best drama: "Michael Clayton." Best musical or comedy: "Juno." Best actress (drama): Julie Christie. Best actor(drama): Daniel Day-Lewis. Supporters who would have gotten my vote include Amy Ryan and Tom Wilkinson (but few of my choices actually won). Never cared for Julian Schnabel's art back in the good old days, but his upset win for best director is great. Ditto for all the honors for the TV series "Mad Men." A song from "Once" should have gotten at least nominated. Amazed to see the mediocre "Longford" do so well....

No comments: