Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Will 'Once' be enough?

That fine little film Once is up for an Oscar for best song tomorrow and should win (but probably won't). It did win best foreign film at the hip Independent Spirit Awards today. I would also recommend that you check out male star Glen Hansard's popular rock band The Frames, not to mention his various Van Morrison covers . The New York Times has a piece tomorrow on Glen and female star of the film (I caught their concert in NYC a few months ago), up on Web now. Here is link and then the best non-nominated song from Once.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/24/fashion/24nite.html?_r=1&ex=1361509200&en=dd5966702b0c3ace&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&oref=slogin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Mitchell, I came across your blog only recently, but I enjoy reading your posts. However, I was not compelled to comment until this one... "Once" is a wonderful movie, and I've heard Glen and Marketa in concert twice. I'm pleased to see they've won another person over with their talent and wit.