Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bush has Johnny Mac's back

McCain's statement today on accepting the president's nod at the White House (notice the use of "our" message): "Thank you, sir. Well, I'm very honored and humbled to have the opportunity to receive the endorsement of the President of the United States, a man who I have great admiration, respect and affection [for]. We -- he and I, as is well known, had a very good competition in the year 2000, and I was privileged and proud to have the opportunity to campaign for his election and reelection to the Presidency of the United States.

"I appreciate his endorsement. I appreciate his service to our country. I intend to have as much possible campaigning events together, as it is in keeping with the President's heavy schedule. And I look forward to that opportunity. I look forward to the chance to bring our message to America."

1 comment:

Captain Crab said...

The fact that the press did so little to question the war while doing so much to help promote it has always bothered me.

I guess they bought the whole "if you're not with us you're against us" line before the war even started.