Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Friday, March 14, 2008

Obama hits pastor's remarks

This won't be the last we hear of this, but here is Obama today, speaking to a Pittsburgh newspaper about the controversial video (see down below on this page):

Q: I don't know if you've seen it, but it's all over the wire today (from an ABC News story), a statement that your pastor made in a sermon in 2003 that instead of singing "God Bless America," black people should sing a song essentially saying "God Damn America."

A: I haven't seen the line. This is a pastor who is on the brink of retirement who in the past has made some controversial statements. I profoundly disagree with some of these statements.

Q: What about this particular statement?

A: Obviously, I disagree with that. Here is what happens when you just cherry-pick statements from a guy who had a 40-year career as a pastor. There are times when people say things that are just wrong. But I think it's important to judge me on what I've said in the past and what I believe.

1 comment:

Weight Loss Pills said...

I believe everyone ought to glance at it.