Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

To Welles and Back

When I saw the film a couple of months back I wasn't sure how reviews would go but it seems like Me and Orson Welles, based on a book by my friend Robert Kaplow, is getting a lot of raves -- from the New Yorker this week and the NYT today and more. The Times has also carried several pieces recently (such as this one about my friend here) related to the Richard Linklater film, which stars Zac Efron and Claire Danes. Newcomer Christian McKay as the ego genius 22-year-old Welles is already getting mentions as sure Oscar supporting actor nominee. He is indeed great. Trailer follows.

1 comment:

charles pierce said...

Seems to have a little of "My Favorite Year" to it. That, BTW, is not an insult. The Welles is tremendous.