Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Stayin' Alive

If you somehow missed this morning's surprising NYT editorial on the weighty subject of ...the 50th anniversary of the Brothers Gibb, aka The Bee Gees, it's not too late to catch up. It's a fun read, so go at it. I will only add that I once interviewed them for Crawdaddy back in 1978. The Saturday Night Live soundtrack and numerous hit singles from it were at their peak and the lads were the hottest thing in show biz--so hot that they only available interview time was on an airliner carrying them home to Miami from NYC after taping a network show. So that's where we did it.

Nice guys. Their families, complete with toddlers and large dogs, greeted us all at the airport. I went to an airport hotel, hung out at the pool in the a.m., and flew home. How deep was my love? Not very, but I got a fun article out of it. The brothers at their peak:

No comments: