Help this blog survive--and keep it ad-free--by buying one of my books, below right.

Monday, December 7, 2009

On Meeting Springsteen 37 years Ago Today: In Sing Sing Prison

Could not imagine when, back at Crawdaddy, I first met Bruce Springsteen on this date in 1972 (also, my birthday) that he'd one day headline a Super Bowl and an Inauguration, and end up receiving something like the Kennedy Center honors, just last night. At Huff Post today I recall that meeting. Here's pretty much what he looked like and what he was playing that night, without and then with E Street Band:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great story, thanks for the memories. I was six years old then...and I've seen Bruce about 10 times this year alone trying to make-up for time passed. Keep up the good work, I'll read your books.