Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Rock and Roll Series Rolls On

While directing the new blog for former E&P staffers E&P In Exile, I've started work on the new Web series that goes back to my pre-journalism roots: "An Incompleat History of Rock 'n Roll," featuring everyone from Roy Orbison to Springsteen, Dylan and Neil Young. David Wild of Rolling Stone calls it the most promising upcoming Web music series. First full episode coming soon. Subscribe now! We've already got about 7500 views at YouTube and now will launch elsewhere. I've also finished 150 pages for a "companion volume." See excerpts here. Trailer below:

1 comment:

Monique Frugier said...

Thanks for the nostalgia! I was barely 12 years old and living in North Africa when "rock around the Clock" (Bill Haley & the Comets)came through our little radio ( I still can hear my mother's outrage!).It must have been toward the end of 1955. We skipped school to dance in someone's garage...In those days being 12 years old was so different that today in many ways.
I still have a nice collection of 45 records. The first of the Platters, Brenda Lee etc...
But,I just had to listen to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpxkCu8Ri9c