Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Alicia Silverstone in Plea to...Vladimir Putin?

Yes, it's true, the actress and animal rights activist has written to the Russian honcho on behalf on the jailed Pussy Riot crew, but on one specific issue. 
Dear President Putin, I have been following the trial involving three members of the band Pussy Riot. As a vegan myself, I was deeply concerned to learn that one of the women, Maria Alekhina, who is a vegan, reportedly collapsed from hunger during a court session. I respectfully request you to ensure that vegan meals are available to Ms. Alekhina and all prisoners.

Regardless of the trial and its outcome, I’m sure you can agree that everyone has the right to show compassion and refrain from harming animals by being vegan. May I please have your assurance that Ms. Alekhina will have access to vegan foods?
Bjork and Madonna rallied to the cause of Pussy Riot last week. 

No comments: