Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Friday, August 31, 2012

Clint Threatened to Shoot Michael Moore

Not sure if this anecdote has been out there before, but here's a reflection by Michael Moore today in his piece at Daily Beat about the Eastwood performance art last night.  Of course, should not be taken literally, although Mike clearly did, at least halfway.  I guess Clint didn't like what he did to Charlton Heston.

"A few years ago, at the annual National Board of Review film awards held at Tavern on the Green in New York, I was there to hand out one of the honors. When it came time for Eastwood to accept his, he went up to the microphone and growled to me in front of the audience, 'If you ever show up at my house with that camera, I'll shoot you on sight.' The audience laughed, I laughed, but the person who issued the threat wasn't laughing. That creeped me out a bit.  I made sure never to go stand on Clint Eastwood's lawn."

No comments: