Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Monday, August 27, 2012

Sean Lennon: Imagine...No Fracking

We posted last week about new celeb-driven anti-fracking group, along with a clip of Yoko Ono and Sean Lennon on Leno's show talking about the issue a few weeks back.  Now Sean Lennon, son of John, has written an op-ed for the NYT, coming tomorrow, on how fracking destroys land.   He recalls his parents taking steps to become "dairy farmers" back in the 1970s. Excerpt:

"Though my father died when I was 5, I have always felt lucky to live on land he loved dearly; land in an area that is now on the verge of being destroyed. When the gas companies showed up in our backyard, I felt I needed to do some research. I looked into Pennsylvania, where hundreds of families have been left with ruined drinking water, toxic fumes in the air, industrialized landscapes, thousands of trucks and new roads crosshatching the wilderness, and a devastating and irreversible decline in property value."

No comments: