Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Friday, September 7, 2012

Eastwood Breaks Silence: The Unforgiving

Clint Eastwood has disappeared since his much-mocked Talking to the Chair appearance at the RNC last week but now he has given a lengthy interview to his local weekly paper in Carmel, CA (a town he used to run as mayor).  He claims that Romney and Ryan were laughing about his routine, in a good way, backstage.  In a more serious vein, he calls Obama "the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people."  Also:  "I may have irritated a lot of the lefties, but I was aiming for people in the middle.”
After a quick trip through airport-style security, he was taken to a Green Room, where Archbishop Dolan of New York sought him out to say hello. Then he was taken backstage to wait for his cue. And that was when inspiration struck.  “There was a stool there, and some fella kept asking me if I wanted to sit down,” Eastwood said. “When I saw the stool sitting there, it gave me the idea. I’ll just put the stool out there and I’ll talk to Mr. Obama and ask him why he didn’t keep all of the promises he made to everybody.”....
As he wrapped up his remarks, he was aware his presentation was “very unorthodox,” but that was his intent from the beginning, even if some people weren’t on board. “They’ve got this crazy actor who’s 82 years old up there in a suit,” he said. “I was a mayor, and they’re probably thinking I know how to give a speech, but even when I was mayor I never gave speeches. I gave talks.”...
Eastwood said people, including reporters, who were shocked by his remarks “are obviously on the left,” and he maintained that, while many Americans didn’t like the way he handled his convention appearance, millions more have something else on their minds.

1 comment:

Paul Lacques said...

Clint Eastwood didn't irritate this lefty. It was a brilliant critique of our horrible president: Guantanamo, the real number of unemployed, why are we still in Afghanistan? Words Michael Moore should be spouting.

Eastwood's endorsement of Romney/Ryan was clearly tepid. This guy's one of the great actors of all time. If he were enthused about the Republican nominees you would have felt it.

A brilliant outsider critique of our bankrupt system, delivered from the belly of the beast.