Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Nixon vs. Corruption

Vintage, ironic, Richard Nixon TV spot from 1952 campaign, in that first year of such advertising on the tube--hitting corruption, of all things...Here's transcript, and vid below:

"Let's take a look at corruption. You know it ranges all the way from petty political larceny to grand government theft. And as far as corruption is concerned I want to make this one point very clear. I worked for the government, for nine months during 1942. Mrs. Nixon worked for the government in San Francisco while I was in service overseas. I am proud of the fact that I once worked for the federal government. I am proud of millions of fine, good, honest, decent, loyal people that work for the federal government. And I say that the best thing that can be done for them is to kick out the crooks and the others that have besmirched their reputations in Washington D.C. and that's what we're going to do."

No comments: