Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Antiwar Shooter?

Is that an oxymoron? Well, maybe not.  I'm an idiot about video gaming but my son, among other things,  currently helps makes trailers and behind-the-scenes stuff for major games.   He sent me this link for what is billed as the "first antiwar  shooter."  I read the review and it certainly is...complex.   Still hard for me to figure.  I know it's a "third-person" and not a "first-person" shooter.

"It gives you means and a motive to kill and then knocks the motive away from you as hard as it can to see if you'll keep on killing because the means remains.

"And once you've accepted that your actions have no meaning other than snuffing out other living beings from your country, with your ideologies and fears, who might have even gone to the same school as you, it asks you why you're doing it and you can't answer the question."

No comments: