Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Your Daily Leonard

Yes, that's Leonard Cohen, still a babe magnet,  with Taylor Swift as a Songwriters Hall of Fame gathering.  I am presuming she was not the one getting inducuted. Anyway:  I've been posting a music video everything night to coincide where I am in the life of Leonard Cohen--in reading the fine new bio.  Tonight,  we are up to the release of the great "I'm Your Man" film doc a few years back, which features highlights of a recent tribute concert and interviews with Leonard (plus he does "Tower of Song" with U2). 

And one of the highlights of the concert and film was Antony (without the Johnsons) doing one of Leonard's great hymns, "If It Be Your Will."  Every time I saw it at screenings applause broke out.  Below that, Leonard's version, with future girlfriend and moving intro, from 1985. 


No comments: