Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Monday, March 4, 2013

Krugman Claims He Flopped in Debate With Joe Scarb

UPDATE:  Dylan Byers reviews the blow-by-blow.  I watched some of it--Paul was put on the defensive by Joe quoting him from 2005 and 1990s and claiming "only three people agree with you," which Krugman had to counter.  Joe kept saying did want us to spend on education and infrastructure but could not explain where that dough would come from.

Earlier:  Was looking forward to the Krugman-Morning Joe debate coming up (taped) tonight on Charlie Rose but now Paul ruins it with this blog post
Well, we’ll see how it comes out after editing, but I feel that I just had my Denver debate moment: I was tired, cranky, and unready for the blizzard of misleading factoids and diversionary stuff (In 1997 you said that the aging population was a big problem! When Social Security was founded life expectancy was only 62!) Oh, and I wasn’t prepared for Joe Scarborough’s slipperiness about what he actually advocates (he’s for more spending in the near term? Who knew?)
A useful reminder, I guess, not to take anything for granted. But I’d rather not learn my lessons with the camera rolling.

Update: By the way, considering how things eventually turned out, having a Denver moment isn’t the worst thing that can happen. Ask Mitt Romney.
Now he's added a note on Joe's "accuracy deficit."

No comments: