Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Monday, July 22, 2013

Braun--No Brains--Finally Suspended

Tuesday Update:   Good piece here on Braun's even bigger sin--as serial liar, pointing finger at us, attacking "specimen collector" who rightly found him out earlier, and more.  My added point:  penalty far too weak.  He missed 65 games--but plagued by injury anyway.  Team is already way out of playoff hunt so they don't care--they might even get a higher pick in next year's draft.  And, yes, he forfeits $3.5 million--but has made millions and millions by cheating.  

I'm amused by those journos hitting players' union for collapsing and not defending him strongly.  Knee-jerk.  Players themselves, in quotes, seem overwhelmingly angry at him and some call for harsher penalty. 

Earlier: MLB finally does the right thing and suspends longtime cheater (who got away with it, once) Ryan Braun for the rest of the season, that is, 65 games.  A-Rod and many others next.  Braun, who denied problems earlier, now more or less confesses.
He admitted to using performance-enhancing drugs and violating the Joint Drug Agreement, though he did not give any specifics. The suspension is officially 65 games.
“As I have acknowledged in the past, I am not perfect," said Braun in a statement. "I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions. This situation has taken a toll on me and my entire family, and it is has been a distraction to my teammates and the Brewers organization. I am very grateful for the support I have received from players, ownership and the fans in Milwaukee and around the country. Finally, I wish to apologize to anyone I may have disappointed – all of the baseball fans especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization, and my teammates. I am glad to have this matter behind me once and for all, and I cannot wait to get back to the game I love.”

No comments: