Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Friday, July 19, 2013

Glad Tidings? Van Knocks New 'Moondance'

Yeah, even longtime rabid Van Morrison (e.g. yours truly) grew sick of the song "Moondance" decades ago, but it's off a great album of that name from 1969.  Was fun to see/hear "Into the Mystic" show up in a key segment in this week's episode of HBO's The Newsroom.  Anyway:  Surprising word emerges today that Van is coming with a FIVE disc set featuring 50 new cuts or versions of songs from the album, including seven renditions of a song famously cut, "I Shall Sing."   Now if we can just get an expanded Veedon Fleece.

UPDATE:   At main site, Van posts this:

"Yesterday Warner Brothers stated that 'Van Morrison was reissuing Moondance.' It is important that people realise that this is factually incorrect. I did not endorse this, it is unauthorised and it has happened behind my back My management company at that time gave this music away 42 years ago and now I feel as though it"s being stolen from me again."

No comments: