Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Weiner Exposed, Mocked, Stays in Race

UPDATE:  NYT editorial tonight calls on Weiner to droop, uh, drop, out of mayoral race.  "At some point, the full story of Anthony Weiner and his sexual relationships and texting habits will finally be told. In the meantime, the serially evasive Mr. Weiner should take his marital troubles and personal compulsions out of the public eye, away from cameras, off the Web and out of the race for mayor of New York City."

Earlier:  The former congressman, now frontrunner in NYC mayoral race, admits some of new revelations on sexting are true, in afternoon "limited hangout strategy" (see: Watergate) statement.   Note: There is a real "Carlos Danger," a board-certified shrink (what else?) in Miami.  His Linked In page.

The other Carlos Danger, i.e., Weiner.
I said that other texts and photos were likely to come out, and today they have. As I have said in the past, these things that I did were wrong and hurtful to my wife and caused us to go through challenges in our marriage that extended past my resignation from Congress. While some things that have been posted today are true and some are not, there is no question that what I did was wrong. This behavior is behind me. I've apologized to Huma and am grateful that she has worked through these issues with me and for her forgiveness. I want to again say that I am very sorry to anyone who was on the receiving end of these messages and the disruption that this has caused. As my wife and I have said, we are focused on moving forward.

UPDATE:  Weiner with another presser with wife at side.  It's "behind" him. Does not pull out of race.

No comments: