Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Monday, September 30, 2013

Hillary Film Axed

Charles Ferguson announces that the much-debated CNN film on Ms. Clinton has been shelved.  It's quite a tale, and here's the conclusion.  Also, in update, NYT has big piece now.  Ferguson 
After approaching well over a hundred people, only two persons who had ever dealt with Mrs. Clinton would agree to an on-camera interview, and I suspected that even they would back out.
This, of course, was the real consequence, and probably the real intent, of the announcements by the RNC, Philippe Reines, and David Brock. Neither political party wanted the film made. After painful reflection, I decided that I couldn't make a film of which I would be proud. And so I'm cancelling. (Not because of any pressure from CNN -- quite the contrary.) It's a victory for the Clintons, and for the money machines that both political parties have now become. But I don't think that it's a victory for the media, or for the American people. I still believe that Mrs. Clinton has many virtues including great intelligence, fortitude, and a deep commitment to bettering the lives of women and children worldwide. But this is not her finest hour.

No comments: