Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Still the Greatest Bob Dylan Story

You may remember this was 2007 (like others, I covered it at the time, as one of Bob's biggest fans since 1963):  police officer in Long Branch, NJ--former home of Bruce Springsteen--putting Bob in the back of her squad car, thinking he was a homeless man peering into a house in the rain...You know, When you're lost in the rain in New Jersey and it's....

Well, Esquire has just posted a piece in which she tells her story in first-person at full length for the first time.  Yes, her name is Buble but pronounced "Bubble." Too many fun lines to quote but just one:  "He talked a lot. And I wasn’t even paying attention to some of the things he was saying because in my head I was wondering, 'What am I going to tell the hospital, what am I going to tell my supervisor?' He’s just blabbering in the back. I actually remember he said, 'Just take me over there, I’ll give you tickets to my show, you can see me play.' I remember he said that. And I thought, this guy is crazy."  -- G.M.

No comments: