Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Congressman Threatens to Throw Reporter Off Balcony

UPDATE #2: Important new post at The New Yorker by guy who wrote piece on Grimm this week, responding to the congressman's latest claims, and with more details on the infamous nightclub incident.

UPDATE:  Moronic Rep. Pete King "laughs off" the incident, just politics, even backs Grimm.  Reporter accepts Grimm apology.  Unfortunate. I would have pressed charges.

Earlier:

Watch the aptly named Rep. Grimm from Staten Island threaten to break a local TV reporter "in half" on camera (which he obviously thought was turned off) at conclusion of an interview last night when he refused to answer a question about alleged campaign finance abuses.  Repercussions? And anyone calling him a "thug"?
Grimm: "Let me be clear to you, you ever do that to me again I'll throw you off this f-----g balcony."
Scotto: "Why? I just wanted to ask you..."
[[cross talk]]
Grimm: "If you ever do that to me again..."
Scotto: "Why? Why? It’s a valid question."
[[cross talk]]
Grimm: "No, no, you're not man enough, you're not man enough. I'll break you in half. Like a boy."
--G.M.

No comments: