Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Elway: Safety Blitz

Former Super Bowl hero, Bronco exec and famous Republican and Romney funder John Elway went on Fox today--of course--and was asked why he was a GOPer.  He told Chris Wallace, "Well, it goes to what my beliefs are.  I believe that we’re giving the opportunity to succeed or not succeed....I don’t believe in safety nets. Obviously, we’ve got to have some kind of safety nets. But I think my philosophy is when given the opportunity to go take advantage of that, I think that’s when you get the best out of people.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One too many bangs to the head if you ask me. If he believed that, why has he helped underprivileged kids through the franchise? According to him, they should be able to make it on their own in spite of poverty, abuse or lack of decent role models.

Anonymous said...

One too many bangs to the head if you ask me. If he feels that way, why has he helped underprivileged kids through the franchise? According to him, they should be able to do just great on their own in spite of poverty, abuse or lack of decent role models.