Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Adding a Few Drops of Mirren

I'm sure you want to read what happened when Helen Mirren addressed the crowd this weekend at a women in film event, starting with telling the male boozers at the bat to shut up because "Mama's in the house."  Then she admits being somewhat elderly is "expletive great."  Yes, she bemoans fact there are so few women directors but she recalls that when she started there weren't any women anythings on the sets.  Now it's quite different. 
“I just salute those women who’ve made that change happen — the women who stood there 20-odd years ago and said, ‘I can do that.’ You know? ‘I can do that!’ And they have made the world such that the younger girls amongst us are looking at you guys going, ‘Well, if she can do it, then I can do it.’”
“That’s why I want to live another 40 years,” she concluded, “because I want to see what further changes are coming. It’s coming, women and girls, it’s coming! Enjoy it. And have a drink.”

No comments: