Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bush's Bike Ride

The former president chose today--the 11th anniversary of his Mission Accomplished photo op--to hold a bike ride for 16 badly-wounded (physically or mentally) veterans  on his Crawford ranch where he once spent seemingly half his presidency (when he wasn't starting wars).   I don't know what's worse--Bush's cluelessness and lack of remorse or CNN reporting this story without a single word about Bush choosing to start a war based on lies.  He was the true volunteer.  They didn't sign up for that.  Here's an apt comment at one of my other posts today on the media gushing over Bush's landing 11 years ago from someone IDed only as "Mike."
Just reading the story over at CNN about Bush's bike ride at his Crawford ranch with 16 wounded veterans from the George Bush wars. And as I read the story I saw this quote by Bush. "This is a festival, and it is a moment for others to see people who have been severely wounded say 'I'm overcoming the consequence of my decision to volunteer".

I'm overcoming the consequence of my decision to volunteer?? What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Somehow, that strikes me as one of the most clueless, heartless and ignorant statements this man has ever uttered. He simply cannot envision that these people have suffered and died because of him. In his mind, what happened to them was simply the result of THEIR decision to volunteer. Not the fact that he sent them in there knowing it was all based on a lie. This has to be one of the most narcissistic and unaware human beings on the face of the planet. He simply has a way of creating revulsion and disgust every time he opens his mouth.

No comments: