Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Monday, October 13, 2014

'NYT' Still Unfair to Amazon?

As I noted, the NYT's fine public editor Margaret Sullivan has criticized the paper for one-sided coverage of book publisher  (led by Hachette) disputes with Amazon, noting among other things that it had failed to cover much at all authors who have backed the giant book seller.  So when I saw today's headline over a major story in the Business section with a headline referring to writers backing Amazon I presumed this was the response.  Imagine my surprise when I read the piece and found that it barely made mention of that, and instead focused on more complaints.

Apparently editors realized the absurdity and the same online story now carries a more accurate headline:  "Amazon and Its Missing Books."  Margaret?

No comments: