Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Occupy Turns One--My Book That Chronicled Early Weeks

I didn't regularly cover the first couple weeks of Occupy Wall Street last September--few people did--but picked it up in early October and then live-blogged it for six months at The Nation (I presume this provided more coverage than anyone).  At the end of last November my daily coverage was collected and published in an e-book titled 40 Days That Shook the World.   Updated, it actually covered about 60 days.

What has given the book a longer life is that it includes probably 1000 clickable links to what I was covering--news stories, blog posts, videos, speeches, vivid accounts of violence and arrests, photos and more.  So it is a terrific and lasting resource for journalists, historians and activists.  Also includes most of the formative Occupy documents. Check it out here.

No comments: