Bunch of new details on CT shooting have emerged this afternoon, apparently throwing into doubt even more of the information put out by many in the media in the past day. So let's make a list, the latest first.
1) Rifle was not left in car but found in school.
2) Rifle did virtually all or all of the killing damage in the school, not handguns.
3) Shooter forced way into school, not "buzzed" in by anyone.
4) Four weapons found in school, not two.
5) Mother did not teach at school at all, was not "teacher's aide" or "substitute."
6) Reported "altercation" between Adam Lanza and staffers at school disputed by police.
7) Brother's ID was not found on Adam Lanza.
8) Nearly all or all kids killed were first-graders, not in kindergarten.
9) got name of shooter wrong
10) some claimed brother killed in Hoboken
11) some claimed father killed in Hoboken
12) mother not killed in kindergarten classroom but at home
Greg Mitchell is the author of more than a dozen books on politics, history, nuclear issues, capital punishment and media. His latest, on the Obama-Romney battle, is Tricks, Lies, and Videotape.