Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Monday, January 14, 2008

Paint it black

Hate to say "I told you so" but my prediction last week that the race issue would gather steam in the Obama/Clinton fight has come oh-so-true. The latest battle is over the pro-Hillary comments by one of her top black supporters, BET network bigwig Robert Johnson -- and his absurd claim that he was referring to Obama's early days as community organizer, not his admitted drug use back then. Here is the full quote, you be the judge and jury: "And to me," Johnson said, "as an African-American, I am frankly insulted that the Obama campaign would imply that we are so stupid that we would think Hillary and Bill Clinton, who have been deeply and emotionally involved in black issues since Barack Obama was doing something in the neighborhood – and I won’t say what he was doing, but he said it in the book – when they have been involved."

No comments: