Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Obama on Letterman Tonight

Photo from today's taping. Jay Z also on board.  Naturally GOPers going nuts, saying he should be meeting with Bibi instead, or apologizing for the Romney video, or something.  Here's from AP account of what he said:

POTUS said: "I don’t know what he was referring to. When I won in 2008, 47 percent voted for John McCain.” But, POTUS said he told the on Election Night that he could “Hear your voices, and would work as hard as I can to be your president."
He said the job of the President is to “represent all people.” “If you want to be President, You have to work for everybody, not just for some." He was then asked about his own similar gaffe back in 2008, when he remarked about people “clinging” to guns and the Bible. “If you run for President you are under a microscope all the time,” POTUS said. “That incident in 2008, I immediately said I regret this” admitting that “it sent a wrong message to country.” He continued: “What I think people want to make sure of though, is that you’re not writing them off.”

No comments: