Greg Mitchell on media, politics, film, music, satire, TV. "Not here, not here the darkness, in this twittering world." -- T.S. Eliot, "Four Quartets"
Support indie blogging--and keep it ad-free--by purchasing one of my books, below right.
Monday, November 26, 2012
Roaches Checked In, He Checked Out
Most horrible story of the year? (AP) An autopsy released Monday showed that a man who died after winning an
insect-eating contest choked to death after downing dozens of live
roaches. Edward Archbold, 32, of West Palm Beach was unable to breathe
because his airway was obstructed, according to the report from the
Broward County medical examiner’s office. Mr. Archbold died after eating
the bugs as well as worms in the Oct. 6 contest at Ben Siegel Reptile
Store in Deerfield Beach. About 30 people ate the insects, but the
authorities said none of the other contestants became ill. The grand
prize was a python.